“Fall Festival Ideas: From Apple Picking To Halloween”
With the changing of the season come a change in the activities that we enjoy as well. The trees turn from green to amber, and with them so do our leisure activities apple picking to Halloween. This article looks at fun harvest festival ideas for churches that you could enjoy this fall with your family.
Tips for Going Apple Picking
Apple picking is a fun fall activity that the whole family can enjoy. Here are some tips to make your apple picking experience the best it can be:
- Dress for the weather. The days may be warm, but the mornings and evenings can be chilly, so make sure to dress in layers.
- Bring along a sunscreen and a hat to protect you from the sun.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be doing a lot of walking, so make sure you’re wearing shoes that won’t give you blisters.
- Bring along a picnic lunch and snacks. There’s nothing better than enjoying an outdoor meal surrounded by beautiful fall foliage.
- Most importantly, have fun! Apple picking is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and spend time with loved ones.
When it comes to fall festivals, one of the most popular activities is pumpkin carving. If you’re looking for a fun and festive way to celebrate the season, consider hosting your own pumpkin carving party! Here are some tips to get you started:
- Choose the right pumpkins. Look for pumpkins that are uniform in size and shape, with smooth, evenly-colored skin. Avoid pumpkins with blemishes or bruises, as these will be more difficult to carve.
- Prep your workspace. Cover your work surface with a drop cloth or old newspaper to protect it from getting carved up. Set out all of your carving tools in one place so they’re within easy reach.
- Start carving! Use a sharp knife to cut a circle around the stem of the pumpkin, then lift off the top. Scoop out the inside of the pumpkin, being careful not to damage the walls. Once you’ve gutted the pumpkin, start carving away at your design!
- Light it up. When you’re finished carving, place a candle or electric light inside the pumpkin to illuminate your creation.
Fun Fall Activities For Kids
There are so many fun fall activities for kids! Here are some of our favorites:
- Apple picking is a great activity for kids of all ages. It’s a perfect opportunity to get outdoors and enjoy the crisp autumn air. Plus, what kid doesn’t love picking their own apples?
- Halloween is just around the corner, and there are tons of fun activities for kids to enjoy leading up to the big day. Pumpkin carving, Halloween parties, and trick-or-treating are all great ways to get into the spooky spirit!
- visiting a pumpkin patch is another great activity for kids in fall. There’s nothing like picking out your very own pumpkin to take home and decorate. And you can even roast the seeds for a delicious snack!
- Fall is such a wonderful time of year, and there are so many fun activities for kids to enjoy. What are your favorite fall activities?
The fall season is a great time to get outdoors and enjoy the cooler weather. There are plenty of fun activities to do, from apple picking to visiting a pumpkin patch. And of course, Halloween is a big part of the season. If you’re looking for some fun fall festival ideas, this one is best!